The purpose of the Association is to promote quality educational services for Indian people in the state of Oregon.
- To provide assistance to local and state agencies to assure that Indians in our state receive the full educational benefits offered.
- To promote cooperation in solving Indian educational problems by encouraging participation in the development and/or implementation of relevant educational programs.
- To increase communication by serving as liaison for information specific to education programs, procedures, and opportunities for Indian people and to disseminate that information to all members and interested parties.
- To assist in the development and endorsement of Indian curriculum and methodology provided to Indian and non-Indian students in the state of Oregon.
- To promote awareness of accurate Indian history, contributions, and cultural differences; and to support those associations, agencies, programs, individuals, and studies that reinforce a positive approach to Indian education.
May 1st-2nd, 2018
Oregon State University
To register and for more information, please visit the conference web page: http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/oiea2018/